Call for Sessions
35th Annual Mid-East Honors Association Conference
April 5th-7th, 2013
This year’s conference theme is “Greening Honors” Proposals for sessions may be on any topic, but those focusing on sustainability, growth, innovation, etc. are especially welcome.
Sessions are 75 minutes in length. Sessions may be constructed from workshops organized around a single topic, or multiple presentations around a common theme (as per NCHC format). We welcome individual paper submissions, which will be organized by the program committee into sessions. However, submission of complete pre-organized sessions around common themes is encouraged. Submitters of individual papers should expect no longer than 25 minutes to present their information.
We hope to receive submissions from a variety of presenters, including students, staff, faculty and administrators. The following themes are provided as suggestions:
- Honors classes, teaching and curriculum (class design and experiences, curriculum development and structure, learning communities, service-learning, interdisciplinary courses)
- University mission, Honors, and General Education
- Liberal Arts values in Honors Education
- Student research
- Student organizations and activities (student associations, participation, service within community)
- Honors administration and issues in higher education (assessment, staffing, budgeting, retention of honors students, and diversity, etc.)
Sessions that require A/V Equipment (Projectors, Microphones, etc.) will be subject to an A/V Fee.
Students are also encouraged to enter their work into the poster competition, sponsored by MEHA member institutions. Details can be found on the Student Poster Competition page of this website.with the subject line
February 15, 2013: Session/paper titles with 150 word abstracts must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Oral Session Proposal for MEHA”